Monday, March 14, 2011

New York | Dos Caminos

I think global warming is real - it was insanely cold when I visited New York City in January, and the snow was just ridiculous! At times like this, I think the best way to cope with this depressing weather is to have some spicy Mexican food to heat things up. I decided to meet up with an elementary school friend for dinner at Dos Caminos in Soho.

Dos Caminos is a very hip Mexican restaurant with modern finish and (very) dimmed lights. Many people dine here for great food and drinks, as well as for people watching. The place is usually packed - you have to make reservations if you don't want to wait, but the bar seems great. I wouldn't mind getting a drink and wait while I catch up with my friend or meet someone new.

The restaurant is famous for their guacamole - made fresh to order. It was flavorful and deliciously prepared. I could taste the generous amount of avocado mixed with fresh tomatoes, cilantro leaves, and white onion. must order!!

Guacamole made fresh to order

comes with tortilla chips too!

For my main course, I ordered ribeye steak alambre. Since I am not a big fan of Mexican food (except for Chipotle), I wasn't expecting too much for my entree. Turned out I was wrong. The premium ribeye was tender and juicy, and surprisingly, the apple wood smoked bacon wrapped around the ribeye multiplied the taste of the meat and made the steak even better!

Ribeye Steak Alambre
brochetta of ribeye steak, apple wood smoked bacon, cipollini onions, poblano chiles, arroz con crema and chimichurri sauce

The check turned out to be around $75. The meal was great, and the server was very nice to us. I had a good time with my friend who I haven't met for a while. The only downside is that the restaurant is too packed; the small spaces between tables are a bit uncomfortable.

Dos Caminos
475 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013

Recommendation: 4 Stars
Hip and relaxing Mexican restaurant, great for after work drink and dinner.
Don't forget to try their guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...